The 2014 SF Flower & Garden Show March 19 – 23, 2014, Emphasizing Drought-tolerant Plants and Gardens!
WORLD-CLASS GARDENS, GORGEOUS FLOWERS, EXCITING CHEF DEMOS, CHILDREN’S HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES, DAILY WORKSHOPS, 25 EXPERT SPEAKERS EACH DAY– AND MUCH MORE!!! March 19 – 23rd at the San Mateo Event Center – featuring over 200,000 sq feet of everything related to gardening, flowers, floral design and outdoor living
San Mateo, CA (March 2014) — The 2014 San Francisco Flower & Garden Show (SFF&GS), the nation’s third largest show of its kind and one of the top ten garden shows in the world, will provide an opportunity for gardeners of all ages and levels of expertise to learn more about gardening, and to learn about gardening in a drought year. The SFF&GS which attracts garden enthusiasts, horticulturists, and home gardeners, takes place March 19-23 at the San Mateo Event Center, 1346 Saratoga Drive, San Mateo, CA. Over 200,000 square feet of space will be filled with display gardens, exhibits, chef/cooking demos, seminars by the industry’s leading experts, children’s activities, garden products, and much more. Tickets are available through Eventbrite and offer a range of choices including an All Show Pass (5 day pass) for $30; early bird Adult Day Ticket purchased by March 9th at $16; Adult Day Ticket $20; and group advance tickets. For show information visit sfgardenshow.com
An Opening Night Party will be held in the gardens on Tuesday, March 18th from 6-9 pm as a benefit for the American Community Garden Association and will offer an opportunity to preview the show gardens, meet the garden creators, see the incredible floral displays and meet the gardening world’s experts. Enjoy hors d’ouevres and wine, a chance to win a free trip to Hawaii courtesy of the Hawaiian Visitors and Convention Bureau and watch the presentation of the coveted design awards before they are announced to the public. Music provide by Grammy winning artist, Ken Emerson. Tickets are $45 through Eventbrite.
Special LGBT Night!! – hosted by the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence® this will be an evening of floral fun featuring a contest for the best headdress. FRIDAY, March 21st, 7:30 – 10:30pm. Tickets are $30 advance, $40 at the door and include a free wine glass and glass of wine. No host bar and concessions; music by Sister Flora Goodthyme. Tickets at Eventbrite
2014 SHOW HIGHLIGHTS:
- Grand Allėe, a 200ft. long promenade leading to the display gardens will emphasize drought gardening with an avenue of drought-tolerant trees and ornamental grasses, California native plants that have evolved to tolerate dry climates and succulents that need very little water.
- Show Gardens – Over 20 spectacular display gardens that will delight and dazzle. From “Plantasia”, a fantasy-based garden inspired by the imaginative gardens of Pandora from the film Avatar, to Vulcania: An Oasis for the Soul that features Captain Nemo’s Nautilus to the “No City Water for this Garden” whose native vegetation, fruit trees, and productive vegetable gardens are grown solely with collected water, to Arizona State University students’ garden featuring the agave plant.
- Flowers! –With the support of the flower growers who make up the California Cut Flower Commission (CCFC), the Flower Pavilion stage will present some of the best floral designers from the Bay area and beyond. Floral Stage Curator and award-winning author, Debra Prinzing, will present a new and exciting theme each day.
- Seminars – Learn from the experts and get “inspired” to turn those garden dreams into reality. FREE seminars and demonstrations – 5 speakers/day on 5 stages for 5 days, and covering 35 topics — all included in the price of a ticket!
- Hands-on children’s activities – a chance for children to design, plant, and nurture a small container garden and gain hands-on experience in horticulture and garden design. Featuring 4 zones: the bug zone (good guys in the garden); a planting zone (by Veggielution Community Farm http://veggielution.org/); the compost zone (all about worms); and the edibles – You are what you Eat.
- Distinguished Chef Series: Cooking demos by top Bay Area chefs using sustainable produce. Chefs include Annie Somerville & Wendy Johnson from Greens Restaurant, Robert Lam from Butterfly, Matt Greco and Diane Dovholuk from The Restaurant at Wente Vineyards, and many others.
- The Marketplace – Hundreds of hand-picked vendors with thousands of products. Over 250 exhibitors—all exclusively related to gardening, flowers, garden and floral design and outdoor living. Purchase the newest garden gadgets, plants, furnishings and accessories.
- Plants – Thousands on display and for sale.
- Edibles – a chance to learn more about growing fresh produce for beauty as well as for healthy eating.
The San Francisco Flower & Garden Show is an annual public show serving all of California. Attendance can reach as high as 60,000. The five-day long show includes 20 show gardens, over
150 speakers, and a marketplace offering thousands of plants and garden-related products. Seminar speakers include garden and design experts from across the nation. Still America’s third largest show if its kind, the show was acquired by business partners Sherry Larsen of Larsen Enterprises, and Maryanne Lucas, Founder and Executive Director of Kids Growing Strong, on May 1, 2013.
For more information, please visit http://www.sfgardenshow.com
About the San Mateo County Event Center:
San Mateo Event Center is the Bay Area’s top destination for events, meetings, promotions, and special events – from 15 in small meetings up to 50,000 campus-wide.
Offering expansive space, lush landscaping, and flexible amenities conveniently located 20 minutes from all major cities. Call us today! 650-574-3247
New! Now Serving your Food and Beverage Needs!
San Mateo Event Center’s newest addition, Creative Touch Catering, is proud to offer in-house services for all your unique Food & Beverage needs. For inquiries, please firstname.lastname@example.org