Why choose San Mateo Event Center over San Francisco venues?
- Choosing a San Francisco venue because of it’s destination appeal? The venues closest to the Bay and the Golden Gate bridge are 16.2 miles from the San Francisco International Airport and can take up to 57 minutes to get to in city traffic – and don’t make a wrong turn you can end up going across the Golden Gate Bridge or down a one way street. The San Mateo Event Center is 9.2 miles from the San Francisco International Airport and can take 23 minutes in freeway traffic.
- Did you know that our surrounding hotels like the San Mateo Marriott which is 1.1 miles away can offer: “group (guaranteeing a minimum of 10+ rooms) may receive a $70-$160 discount from what they would get in downtown SF”…
- Did you know that your attendees can stay at one of our area hotels, get a FREE RIDE on their shuttle to the San Francisco International airport and than hop on the Bart public transit and tour San Francisco at their leisure without having to drive in the big city- the Bart drops you right downtown in Union Square! Average trip $8.50 Round Trip.
- According to Colliers International’s latest parking rate survey in 2011, the average daily rates for parking in San Francisco hit $26.00, an increase of 4 percent from 2010. San Mateo Event Center has parking for over 3,5000 cars and the cost is only $10 per event day.
- The surrounding areas of the San Mateo Event Center offers non-metered parking on several residential and commercial streets and we have pedestrian access to the center for public shows.
- The city of San Francisco has a total of 280,000 on street parking space and 25,000 are metered; San Francisco metered parking rates are among the highest in the nation.
- Parking infractions in San Francisco start from $35 for not curbing your wheel (no hills, in San Mateo) up to $500 for handicap misuse. Are your attendees ready to translate all of the city parking regulations?
San Francisco Parking
San Mateo Event Center Parking, $10 a day – buy-out available for private corporate events
What can we do about Green transportation – our event wants to minimize our carbon foot print?
- San Mateo Event Center, love that you want to be Green! We can arrange bike corrals for your attendees and if your attendees are coming in by private bus – we have tons of space to accommodate the bus – you don’t have to rent a curb like you do in other major cities.
- The San Mateo Event Center is a .8 mile walk (16 mins.) from the Caltrain Station, which offers public transit to and from San Jose, San Francisco International Airport and the city of San Francisco: